Submitting details.
Please wait ...
Call (07) 4153 4233

Our Services

FMHSS - Family Mental Health Support Services

If your life is affected by adverse mental health, or you are a carer or part of a family affected by mental health, then we may be able to help. The Family Mental Health Support Services (FMHSS) program provides early intervention and support through community-based initiatives.

Our support workers are ready to talk, listen and assist you. They will focus on your personal and immediate needs, which may include one-on-one counselling, access to community services, help with relationships, social support or learning strategies to live a better life.

This service provides short-term immediate assistance and intensive long-term early intervention support for young people and their families. Individualised support could include:

  • Practical assistance and home-based support
  • Referrals to relevant community services
  • Counselling, family interventions and psycho-educational activities
  • Service gaps

Frequently Asked Questions

Click to read the FAQs

My child is out of control. Can you help please?

Our friendly staff would be happy to talk with you. Everybody's story is different and every child's circumstances will need to be considered. We can offer support and advocacy when and where it is needed.

Can you help me make my child understand how unwell I am?

Our support workers will engage your child in conversations, either individually or in a peer support group, about mental health. They will look at ways to educate and de-stigmatise the issues of mental health. All children's stories are shared in a non-judgmental environment.

I need a break from parenting. Can you help me please?

Our program offers group sessions and holiday activity programs. Our support workers will also be able to discuss other available services in town, which provide respite options and suitable activities for the child/children.

The Family Mental Health Support Services program is funded by the Australian Government's Department of Social Services.



Express your interest