IMPACT Community Services Limited (IMPACT) is a community owned organisation supporting the most vulnerable and marginalised members of our community. Since 1978, we have been supporting local people experiencing disadvantage, poverty and exclusion. Our vision is to work with individuals to improve lives.
This is a newly created casual role within our growing Mental Health team, so you have the opportunity to make this role your own. As the Mental Health Facilitator you will:
- Assess participants' needs, situations, strengths and support networks
- Perform the intake and referral process
- Consult with participants on a 1:1 basis to develop their plans
- Provide a flexible service using a range of models including face-to-face, telephone, video conferencing and outreach
- Research and refer participants to resources and services
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with clinical providers and participants' families and carers
Our benefits include:
- Salary packaging up to $18,500 per year
- Birthday bonus day off
- Paid 2 hours per month to donate to a worthy cause of your choice
- Opportunities for advancement with our 'grow your own' approach to recruitment
- Professional development by participating in in-house and external training and development
- Reimbursement of blue card and NDIS Worker Screening clearances
What you need:
To enjoy this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field such as psychology or mental health
- A track record in working with people with a mental health condition
- Experience in conducting assessments and developing evidence-based plans
- Highly developed skills in establishing rapport with young people and their families
- A working knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act 2016 (Qld)
How to apply:
IMPACT welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people with a lived experience of mental ill health and recovery, a disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We believe that diversity in our workplace makes us stronger and we provide equal opportunity to all. Selection for all vacancies is made on the basis of merit.
The successful applicant will required to obtain a Working with Children and an NDIS Worker Screening clearance prior to starting employment.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?