IMPACT Community Services Limited (IMPACT) is a high profile, community owned organisation supporting the most vulnerable and marginalised members of our community. Since 1978, we have been supporting local people experiencing disadvantage, poverty and exclusion. Our vision is to work with individuals to improve lives.
Our Mentor guides customers through their progression to employment by:
- Frequent contact face to face and via phone, email and social media
- Implementing work preparation activities
- Facilitating resilience workshops and small group sessions on pre-employment readiness
- Delivering effective support individually and through group activities
- Coordinating work experience activities
- Providing strategies for increasing skills, job search development, vocational assistance and career mentoring
To enjoy this newly created role of Mentor, you will have:
- Relevant life experience or demonstrated understanding of the barriers to education/employment experienced by people on Income Support
- A track record in engaging customers, using active listening techniques to identify goals, strengths and obstacles to life
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with community service providers, community networks and employment services
- Skills to coach and mentor customers to achieve goals and plans
- Excellent communication skills and experience in maintaining electronic records
Our offer to you
Our benefits include:
- 9 day fortnight ( enjoy a long weekend every second week)
- Salary packaging up to $18,500 per year so pay less tax and increase your take home pay
- Birthday bonus day off
- Paid 2 hours per month to donate to a worthy cause of your choice
- Opportunities for advancement with our 'grow your own' approach
- Professional development by participating in internal and external training and development
- Reimbursement of blue and NDIS screening cards
How to apply
Submit your application today and provide your:
- Cover letter showing us why you are a great match for this role
- Up to date Resume
We believe that diversity in our workplace makes us stronger and we provide equal opportunity to all. Selection for all vacancies is made on the basis of merit.
The successful applicant will required to obtain a Working with Children and an NDIS Worker Screening clearance prior to starting employment.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?