IMPACT Community Services Limited (IMPACT) is a high profile, community owned organisation supporting the most vulnerable and marginalised members of our community. Since 1978, we have been supporting local people experiencing disadvantage, poverty and exclusion. Our vision is to improve lives.
IMPACT is also a Child Safe Organisation committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
IMPACT Community Health Service based in Agnes Water is looking for a Community Access Nurse/Community Nurse to join its dedicated team on a full-time basis.
What's in it for you?
- Experience work/life balance with a 9 day fortnight and salary packaging
- Birthday bonus day off
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Paid 2 hours per month to volunteer for a worthy cause of your choice
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary packaging up to $18,500 per year, so pay less tax
- Opportunities for advancement with our 'grow your own' approach
- Access to learning and development with online and face-to-face training
What we ask from you:
- Improve the efficiency, effectiveness and coordination of primary health care services for clients, particularly those at risk of poor health outcomes;
- Facilitates access to health care services;
- Links the patient journey between primary and acute health care; and
- Liaises with key stakeholders in order to enhance the client’s health literacy, experiences and outcomes.
- Provides a range of education and promotional activities which support provision of community-based health services.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Registration as a Registered Nurse with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- A current Queensland driver’s license
- Compliance with the governing professional body:
- Mandatory annual competencies in First Aid and CPR, handwashing and manual handling
- Sound keyboard and computer skills in particular MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- A high level of professional interpersonal skills
- Immunisation Endorsement advantageous
- Experience in Chronic Disease Management advantageous
- Up-to-date Covid-19 vaccinations
How to apply
Download the Position Description and submit your application today providing your:
- Cover letter showing us why you are a great match for this role
- Current Resume
IMPACT welcomes all applications, including from Indigenous Australians, people with a lived experience of mental health concerns and recovery, a disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We believe that diversity in our workplace makes us stronger and we provide equal opportunity to all.
IMPACT is proud to be an INCLUSIVE EMPLOYER 2022-2023 with the Diversity Council Australia.