How’s Your Head Today? Visit Head To Health to find digital mental health resources!
Family Mental Health Support Services
FMHSS aims to improve mental health outcomes for children and young people, and their families. FMHSS provides early intervention support to assist vulnerable families with children and young people who are at risk of, or affected by, mental illness. These services support parents to reduce stress and enable young people to reach their potential.
FMHSS provides flexible, responsive options for children and young people up to the age of 18 who are affected by, or at risk of mental illness, and their families. Participants can expect services to offer the support outlined below:
- Intensive, long-term, early intervention support for children, young people and their families which may include: assessment and identification of needs; practical assistance and home-based support; linking with other relevant services; and, targeted therapeutic groups.
- Short-term immediate assistance for families which may include assessment of needs, information or referrals, and limited support.
- Community outreach, mental health education and community development activities which may include: organisation of and participation in community events; and, general group work in the community.
Highest priority is given to vulnerable children, young people and their families including those from Indigenous or culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, children and families in contact with the child protection system, and young people transitioning from out-of-home care. Services will accept referrals of children and young people from any source, including self-referrals, and conduct an initial brief screening process to ensure Family Mental Health Support Services is the appropriate service for them.
A formal diagnosis of mental illness is not required to access FMHSS.
Contact Impact Support Services
Adult Mental Health, CYMHS & Headspace referrals are welcome at IMPACT, for all other referrals please contact PHN.
Need help now?
Domestic Violence Services
- DV Connect: 1800 811 811
- Edon Place: 4153 6820
- Men’s Line: 1300 78 99 78
- National Sexual Assault, Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service 1800 737 732 (1800 RESPECT).