I recently sat down with one of our Cooee participants to discuss how she was finding the group, and I couldn’t help but feel a sense of joy and fulfillment as she opened up about her experience.
National Psychosocial Support Measure
Who is it for:
People experiencing severe mental health conditions who are currently being managed in the primary care setting via a General Practitioner (GP) and/or a Psychiatrist, and:
- have an associated level of reduced psychosocial functional capacity
- are not assisted by the NDIS
- are not clients of the Continuity of Support program
- support people with a severe mental health condition and associated psychosocial functional impairment who are not currently supported through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- provide psychosocial support to people with severe mental health conditions who can be appropriately managed in the primary care setting as part of their overall treatment
- provide a flexible and responsive service
- promote recovery, and align with the National Framework for Recovery Oriented Mental Health Services 2013 where relevant
- coordinate with other health and support services already provided to people with severe mental health conditions and complex needs
This could include:
- Social skills and connections, including family connections
- day to day living skills
- financial management and budgeting
- finding and maintaining a home
- vocational skills and goals
- maintaining physical wellbeing, including exercise
- building broader life skills including confidence and resilience
How’s Your Head Today? visit Head To Health to find digital mental health resources!
Contact Impact Support Services
NPSM referral service is only available in the South Burnett.
Adult Mental Health, CYMHS & Headspace referrals are welcome at IMPACT, for all other referrals please contact PHN.
Need help now?
Domestic Violence Services
- DV Connect: 1800 811 811
- Edon Place: 4153 6820
- Men’s Line: 1300 78 99 78
- National Sexual Assault, Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service 1800 737 732 (1800 RESPECT).