1 in 10 older Australians either have Experienced or will experience elder abuse
What can you do to reduce the stigma of elder abuse and empower those experiencing it to seek help?
- Check in with friends and family
- Ask your loved ones if they know about and can Recognize the 6 types of elder abuse; physical, psychological, financial, social, sexual and neglect
- Have open conversations about elder abuse And let loved ones know they can safely discuss Concerns with you
Elder abuse is any action or lack of action occurring within any relationship of trust, which causes harm or distress to an older person.
Free, confidential support for yourself, or someone you know:
- elder abuse prevention support service: 1300 063 232
- Elder abuse helpline: 1300 651 192
If you are in immediate danger, always call 000