Our Nurse Immuniser offers:
- Childhood immunisations as per the Queensland Immunisation Schedule; and
- Annual funded vaccinations to eligible adult clients.
Influenza affects people of all ages. Our Annual Vaccination Program is available to eligible individuals:
- All children from six months to less than five years of age;
- Pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy;
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged six months and over;
- Individuals aged six months and over with medical conditions which increase the risk of influenza disease complications; and
- Persons 65 years and older.
Pneumococcal disease can cause severe invasive disease, including meningitis, pneumonia and bacteraemia, and non-invasive disease, including otitis media.
A one-off dose of the pneumococcal vaccine is recommended for eligible clients:
- All adults aged 65 years and over; and
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults 50 years and over.
Herpes zoster, commonly known as shingles, presents as a painful, self-limiting vesicular rash. It is recommended that all adults aged 70 years or more receive a single dose.