Many of us strive to live a healthy lifestyle, but sometimes unexpected health implications can throw a spin on day-to-day life. Thats why being in tune with your body and completing regular health checks is so important.
Health in the Community
IMPACT Community Health Service offers a range of means whereby clients can gain benefit from access to services and health aids.
Community Access Program
The Community Access Program aims to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and coordination of primary health care services for clients, particularly those at risk of poor health outcomes.
Similar to the Nurse Navigator system used within public hospitals, the Community Access Nurse can provide a central point of contact for clients to assist them to coordinate their access to health services. This is achieved through:
- Educating clients to better understand their health conditions;
- Coaching to enable self-management and active participation in decisions regarding their care;
- Assistance with referrals to health professionals and organisations;
- Assistance accessing aids and equipment to assist recovery and independence; and
- Assistance coordinating their treatments and follow-ups.
The Community Access Nurse aims to assist those individuals within the Discovery Coast region who:
- Have complex health conditions/needs;
- Have multiple re-presentations into the health system; and
- Are at risk of poor health outcomes.
We welcome referrals from hospitals, health professionals and general practitioners and clients may also self-refer.
Our Telehealth Program allows clients to link with their health care providers via electronic information and telecommunication technologies, creating an accessible way to communicate with specialists without having to travel long distances. This can be done via Queensland Health Telehealth, Skype or Ehab facilities.
The program is open to clients of all ages, who have arrangements with their treating specialists and providers.
Your treating specialist will be required to request Telehealth/Skype services from ICHS.
Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme Support
The Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme (PTSS) provides financial assistance for eligible patients to access specialist medical services not available locally.
The Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service (WBHHS) recognises IMPACTCommunity Health Service at Agnes Water as the closest designated public health care facility for locals.
Our staff can assist you with completing and lodging your PTSS claim.
Loan Equipment Hire
Our Mobility Aid and Medical Equipment Loan Hire program allows clients short-term access to a variety of health and mobility equipment including:
- Four wheelie-walkers;
- Shower chairs/stools;
- Blood pressure monitors; and
My Aged Care Navigation
Our Community Nurses can assist individuals and their families to access and navigate My Aged Care services.
We can support you and your family during the registration, assessment process and with access to service providers.
Our clinical staff can assist individuals and their families to access and navigate NDIS services.
We can support you and your family during the registration, assessment process and access to service providers.
Shore Care Medical Centre is co-located on the IMPACT Community Health Service's premises offering General Practitioner services.
We also have a range of visiting services that supply a mix of private and public services. Call our office or visit our Facebook page to find out more about how to access these services.
- Active Physio
- Australian Hearing
- Sound Solutions – Speech Therapy
- True Women’s Health Doctor and Nurse
- QLD Health Women’s Health Nurse
- The Flying Skin Doctor
- Bridges – National Psychosocial Support Program provides psychosocial support services to assist people with severe mental conditions and reduced psychosocial functional capacity who are not eligible for assistance through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service also provides visiting services from our premises available by referral from hospital or hospital specialist clinics:
- Community Mental Health
- Chronic Disease Psychology (GP or Nurse referral)
Contact ICHSS - Discovery Coast
Discovery Coast Office
07 4902 2000
2 Rafting Ground Road, Agnes Water QLD 4677
Where are we?
Our primary clinic is situated at 2 Rafting Ground Road, Agnes Water and offers a range of clinical and allied health appointments and programs. We also have clinics at:
- Miriam Vale – OzCare building, Roe Street
- Turkey Beach – Community Centre
- Baffle Creek – Sport and Rec Ground
- Lowmead Hall
- Rosedale Hall
Our services may include home visits when the client is eligible and Telehealth sessions.