Many of us strive to live a healthy lifestyle, but sometimes unexpected health implications can throw a spin on day-to-day life. Thats why being in tune with your body and completing regular health checks is so important.
IMPACT Community Health Service offers a wide range of assistance to clients throughout the Discovery Coast. Our programs include:
Community Nurse Program
Our Community Nurse Program aims to promote healthy outcomes and assists clients in managing their conditions, via safe, responsive nursing care, with:
- General health assessment and screening;
- Wound care management; and
- Community nursing.
Available in Agnes Water and Outreach Clinics at Miram Vale, Turkey Beach, Baffle Creek and Lowmead. Home visits may be facilitated.
Child and Maternal Health
Our weekly program supports families through:
- Clinical assessments of growth and development;
- Breastfeeding education and support;
- Immunisations and advice; and
- Hearing and sight screening.
Counselling and Support Services
Our Social Work and Counselling Program is open to individuals aged 18 years and over and provides:
- Mental health support;
- Short term counselling and case management;
- Support with access and referral to appropriate support services.
Diabetes Care Clinic - Multidisciplinary
Our monthly Diabetes Care Clinic is offered to clients who are diagnosed or at-risk of being diagnosed with Diabetes Mellitus. It is fully-supported with a Diabetes Educator, Dietitian and Exercise Physiologist.
Our weekly Dietetic Service provides nutritional support and counselling, supporting clients with:
- Chronic renal failure;
- Conditions with increased nutritional requirements;
- Gastrointestinal tract (GIT) complications and disorders impacting nutritional adequacy e.g. food allergies, lactose intolerance, recent GIT surgery, coeliac disease, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease; and
- Nutritional deficiencies e.g. calcium, iron.
Our monthly Exercise Physiology Program aims to encourage health self-management by developing and delivering exercise programs to clients managing chronic and complex conditions such as diabetes, COPD, chronic back pain, obesity and arthritis.
Occupational Therapy Assessment Program
Our Occupational Therapist provides assessments for clients with a focus on improving and maintaining an individual’s participation in meaningful activities. An assessment may include:
- Prescription and access to assistive equipment; and
- Home modifications.
Referral to our Occupational Therapist can only be made through our Community Nurses.
Our Podiatrist focuses on people with ‘high risk’ foot and lower limb conditions and can help prevent, diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions including:
- Active foot lesions (wound, ulcer, infection, surgical site);
- Ingrown toenails;
- Heel and arch pain;
- Balance issues; and
- Foot problems arising from chronic underlying medical conditions such as diabetes.
Our monthly services are available in:
- Agnes Water;
- Baffle Creek;
- Rosedale; and
- Miriam Vale.
Our Speech Therapy Services Program provides assessment, diagnosis and treatment of communication and swallowing difficulties in children and adults, such as speaking, understanding and/or using language, listening, social skills, stuttering, reading, writing and using voice.
Contact Impact Support Services
Discovery Coast Office
07 4902 2000
2 Rafting Ground Road, Agnes Water QLD 4677
Where are we?
Our primary clinic is situated at 2 Rafting Ground Road, Agnes Water and offers a range of clinical and allied health appointments and programs. We also have clinics at:
- Miriam Vale – OzCare building, Roe Street
- Turkey Beach – Community Centre
- Baffle Creek – Sport and Rec Ground
- Lowmead Hall
- Rosedale Hall
Our services may include home visits when the client is eligible and Telehealth sessions.