Intensive Family Support
At IMPACT, we understand that every family has unique support needs and goals. Our tailored approach ensures that the assistance we provide is customised to meet those specific needs. Our comprehensive support may include:
- Household management and routine development
- Strategies on how to deal with children’s behaviour
- Life skills development i.e. budgeting, cooking, training course or drivers licence, etc.
- Developing healthier self-care strategies
- Support with managing difficult relationships, including family violence
- Support with your children’s health and education
- Referral pathways to other services
Who is this for?
IMPACT Community Services' Intensive Family Support service works with families experiencing multiple and/or complex needs who have children unborn to 18 years of age. The service delivers parenting support through tailored interventions to build the skills and capacity of parents and carers to safely nurture and protect their children.
Queensland Child Protection Guide (CPG)
The Queensland Government Community Services Guide is a valuable resource designed to help individuals and families access the support they need. It provides easy-to-understand information on various services and programs available across Queensland.
The Queensland Child Protection Guide (CPG) is a tool to assist professionals' decision-making if concerns arise about a child who appears:
- to have experienced, or is likely to experience significant harm AND
- may not have a parent willing and able to protect them from harm.
The CPG will help professionals decide to report to the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women (Child Safety) or refer to other service providers, to help families receive appropriate supports and services in a timely manner.
- The Intensive Family Support Service also delivers parent support, which are interventions to address the issues that impact negatively on the ability of parents to meet the care and protection needs of their children.
Family Support Numbers
24 Hour Emergency/Crisis support
Get in touch
Explore the ways in which we can empower and assist you in reclaiming your well-being.
Call: 07 4153 4233
FREECALL: 1800 179 233
Make a support referral to CPG
Bundaberg IFS Team
Open 8am-4:30pm Fri.
Address: 108 Bargara Road, Bundaberg East
Hervey Bay IFS Team
Open 8am-4:30pm Fri.
Address: Hervey Bay Neighbourhood Centre
22 Charles St, Pialba Q 4655