At IMPACT Community Services, our partners help us deliver programs and services that make a meaningful difference across the communities we serve.
Without the ongoing support from organisations like St John’s Grace Fund (Grace Fund), IMPACT would not be the organisation it is today.
We are incredibly grateful for the Grace Fund’s continued backing of our vision and mission of Improving Lives.
The Grace Fund was established in 2011 by the St John’s Lutheran Church, utilising proceeds from Gracehaven Nursing Home to assist local charities which provide services in the areas of poverty, the aged, relief of sickness, education and for the general benefit of the local community.
Over the last decade, the Grace Fund has donated almost $2m to local charitable organisations, like IMPACT.
We truly value the Grace Fund’s support of several IMPACT projects, including:
- The Bystander project: Creating awareness, education and change in how we view bystander behaviour (especially when it comes to sexual abuse), and empowering those who are bystanders to abuse to speak up in defence of survivors.
- Domestic Violence Podcast: This podcast will connect survivors with experts who can help and talk to professionals about ways the community can work to stop domestic and family violence all together.
- Acquisition of a GERT age simulation suit: This wearable suit allows students completing our aged care training course to experience the impairments of age.
- Choir Master: The Grace fund’s support enabled us to employ a professional Choir Master for 12 months for our Community Choir for NDIS participants.
- Innovate@108 Innovation hub: The Grace Fund purchased furniture and audio-visual equipment to use in our Innovation Hub – an inviting and creative environment for young people to develop an entrepreneurial mind-set and connect with the start-up ecosystem in a safe and social environment.
On behalf of IMPACT Community Services, we would like to thank the St John’s Grace Fund and all other partners for the continued, commitment and generosity shown towards our organisation.
Together, we are creating positive change.