Commonwealth Psychosocial Support
People with severe mental illness may need extra support with their day-to-day living. Read about the psychosocial support program we fund to help people with severe mental illness.
This program aims to strengthen the capacity of participants to live independently, safely and productively in their community by focusing on capacity building via phone, virtual or individual & group settings.
How’s Your Head Today? visit Head To Health to find digital mental health resources!
Note: Referral pathways can be self-referral or the wider community.
Phone or walk in.
Who is it for?
What support is provided?
What types of service can be provided and by whom?
Psychosocial services are strength based, non-clinical supports that focus on building capacity and stability in the following areas:
- help people with severe mental illness get the support they need to recover, build skills to live independently and contribute to their communities
- reduce demand on more intense and acute health services
- use our health system effectively.
Contact us for Support
CPS referral service is only available in Bundaberg, South Burnett & Discovery Coast
Adult Mental Health, CYMHS & Headspace referrals are welcome at IMPACT, for all other referrals please contact PHN.
Need help now?
Domestic Violence Services
- DV Connect: 1800 811 811
- Edon Place: 4153 6820
- Men’s Line: 1300 78 99 78
- National Sexual Assault, Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service 1800 737 732 (1800 RESPECT).