I recently sat down with one of our Cooee participants to discuss how she was finding the group, and I couldn’t help but feel a sense of joy and fulfillment as she opened up about her experience.
Peer Support Services Program
Available in Discovery Coast, North Burnett & Bundaberg
The integrated approach between Individual Recovery Support Program (IRSP) and Peer Recovery Support Program allows for the delivery of wrap-around supports at different levels of intensity and frequency that align to the individual's needs.
Group-based, client-led peer activities aim to assist clients to increase connection with community and others, increase social supports, decrease social isolation and support skill development and achievement of individual goals through group processes.
The program is offered in Bundaberg, Hervey Bay, Agnes Water, Gin Gin, Childers and the Burnett (Monto, Eidsvold).
Groups can be held in different spaces, such as parks, gardens, coffee shops or community venues.
The Peer Support Worker role aims to help clients achieve their individual recovery goals formulated with their IRSP worker, by creating and leading client focused group activities. A willingness to share their lived experience with mental health can assist clients to focus on recovery, engagement and social connection by working through group processes.
- Client driven one-off meetings to support awareness and education
- Client Driven short groups, six to eight weeks, to support socialisation and implementation of approaches to manage mental wellness in the company of others
- Ongoing groups to sustain friendships and develop networks to manage crisis situations
Contact Impact Support Services
Adult Mental Health, CYMHS & Headspace referrals are welcome at IMPACT, for all other referrals please contact PHN.
Need help now?
Domestic Violence Services
- DV Connect: 1800 811 811
- Edon Place: 4153 6820
- Men’s Line: 1300 78 99 78
- National Sexual Assault, Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service 1800 737 732 (1800 RESPECT).